|Super secrect orginization of mysterious origins...|
Little to nothing is known about The Elan. Of the few that do know of their existence, some say that they are an alien race, not native to Geas, trying to slowly dominate the world. Others say they are simply normal humans who wield tremendous political power through massive financial backing. Still others claim that they are mystical warriors, sent to do battle with the forces of evil in the world, to decide the fate of all humanity. Regardless, those who know of the Elan and investigate further usually end up dead.|
The only sure thing one can count on when dealing witht he Elan, is that some how, in some way, they will get what they are after, even if it seems like they've been foiled.
Elans are not born; they are made. Once human, they have been kidnapped or lured away, or found The Elan and decided to join. The process of transforming a human into an Elan is a secret psionic process, taking place in one of several Elan enclaves scatered throughout the world.
Newly created Elans retain the basic memories and personalitis or their previous human lives, but lose all their previous class levels, skills, and other characteristics; a newly created Elan is a first level character, free to reinvent himself as a member of his new race.
Elans have effectively unlimited life spans. As long as they are not destroyed, their mental arts could conceivaly continually energize and rebuild their bodies for a thousand years or more.
Elans do not sleep as members of other races do. They need only meditate for four hours a day to gain the same benifit a human would from eight hours of sleep.
-2 Charisma: Elans, despite their attempts to blend into the human population, continure to come off as just a little unusual.
- Aberration: Elans are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
- Medium size.
- Base Land Speed 30 feet.
- Elans (unlike mose Aberrations) don't have darkvision.
- Naturally Psionic: Elans gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This does not grant them the ability to manifest psionic powers unless they gain a level in one of the psionic classes.
- Resistance (Su): Elans can use psionic energy to increase their resistance to various forms of attack. As an immediate action, an Elan can spend 1 power point to gain a +4 racial bonus on saving throws until the beginning of her next action. (Immediate Actions are described on page 59 of The Expanded Psionics Handbook.)
- Resilience (Su): When an Elan takes damage, she can spend power points to reduce the damage she is about to take by 2 hit points for every 1 power point she spends. This is an immediate action.
- Repletion (Su): An Elan can sustain her body without need of food or water. If she spends 1 power point, an Elan does not need to eat or drink for 24 hours.
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Language: Any.
- Favored Class: Psion
- Level Adjustment: +0
Note: Elans are taken from the Expanded Psionics Handbook (by Bruce R. Cordell) and modified to fit on Geas.
|Elan are most commonly found in Sellador, Atma|
Contributor: Jacob McDonald